Wellness in Trentino Alto Adige by following the Nordic style, what does it mean and why:
The ancient tradition of the saunas of the Nordic countries passes on the custom that, in order to enjoy the benefits and well being, you have to enter the saunas without swimsuit. Those who are fond of the saunas appreciate it and choose to enter the wellness area without swimsuit in order to live a complete experience of well being that starts from health.
- The benefits of the sauna on the body are greater if the exposure to the heat is direct. Imagine if you wish an enviable tan but you sunbathe while covering your body, then you will realize that the outcome is poor...in the same way, the body that absorbes directly the heat in the sauna, benefits more.
- The humid concentrations of heat and sweat, that can be caused by the swimsuit, lead to an alteration of the body's defenses and expose to risks of irritation. In fact, we don't recommend entering the sauna with chains, bracelets or any object that's in contact with the body, because they may overheat.
- Synthetic fibres exposed to heat can release toxic substances. For the same reason, it's not allowed to bring any object into the saunas, not even flip flops or glasses.
The fragrances that you will smell are given off only by 100% pure essential oils that can be breathed in to enjoy their benefits.
How to prepare for your first sauna experience:
- before sitting on the chaise lounges of the saunas you have to spread a cotton towel so that your body isn't in direct contact with the surface. You can rent a towel also at the counter.
- we recommend you to bring 2 towels or a bathrobe to have something dry to cover yourself with during the moments of relaxation.
In the saunas you can only bring cotton towels, you can't bring microfiber towels inside.
The higher you sit in the saunas, the more heat you will feel on your body, you can choose if you want to sit or to lie down. We advise you to exit the sauna when you really feel the heat, by coming down to the lower level and waiting a few seconds before standing up straight, avoiding sudden movements.